The inaugural edition of ‘Wafi Superstars 2017 ‘ will kick off on March 3rd, 2017. It will provide children (aged 4-16) with the opportunity to showcase their talent in front of a live audience. Children are invited to participate by downloading the application form below and handing it in at any Wafi Customer Service Desks during mall trading hours, along with a short audition video on a USB or CD.
The categories include singing, dancing and playing musical instruments where the best from each audition as chosen by our expert panel of judges, will be invited back to perform at the finals on Saturday 17th March 2017.
For detailed dates and timings:
- Dates: March 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th
- Timings: 3:00pm – 8:00pm
- Date: March 17th
- Timings: 3:00pm – 9:00pm
JOIN THE FIRST KIDS' TALENT SHOW IN WAFI.
Download the application form.
WAFI SUPERSTARS REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Visit www.wafi.com and download a copy of the Wafi Superstars 2017 application form.
- Applications are invited from children aged 4 - 16 years old.
How to submit the form:
- Complete all sections of the form. Create a short video of your child (or their group) performing and save it on a USB or Disc (CD). Please ensure that any video is clearly marked with your child’s name. Deliver the completed application form and video in an enclosed envelope to any of the Customer Service Desks at Wafi Mall.
- Alternatively, complete all sections of the form and create a short video of your child (or their group) performing Members of groups are required to fill one form each. The completed form and video can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Members of groups are required to fill one form each.
- Applications will be considered up until 10pm on the 7th March 2017.
- Audition dates are March 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th from 3pm – 8pm. If you are unable to attend a certain audition, please ensure you notify us in advance.
- Singing can be in English and Arabic only.
- Dancers can perform to songs in any language.
- All performances during auditions and finals are to be a maximum of 4 minutes.
- We will contact you via email /telephone if your child has been qualified for an audition. We will also notify you of the date and approximate timing of your child’s audition in the mall.
- You will need to tell us and submit in advance what music your child will perform to at the audition. This will need to be no longer than 4 minutes long and you must email a copy of the music in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org and also bring a digital copy with you.
- In the event that more than one child is performing the same song, we will ask you to come up with an alternative. Song choices will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Please ensure that you have a few options.
- After all the auditions, you will be contacted to be notified if your child has won a place in the finals.
- The finals will take place on Friday 17th March from 3pm. Your child must be available to attend a full rehearsal with choreography for the opening number on the afternoon / evening of Thursday 16th March and a run through on the morning of the 17th March. The location of the rehearsal will be shared with you closer to the date.
- Judges decision to be considered as final.
- All costs incurred for participating in this event are to be shouldered parents/child guardians. This includes transportation, refreshments, hair and make-up, costume and any props that are required.
For any enquiries, please contact:
Wafi Superstars 2017 Hotline: 050 778 4287
< Back to Things To Do